McCormack Industries has revolutionized the round cotton module handling industry with the invention of the Cotton Tag Trailer. This trailer is made to be towed behind a tractor from the drawbar and uses a similar concept to our Wheelie Grab to collect modules and lift them onto the trailer. The modules are unloaded “sausage” style which means they can be loaded onto chain bed trucks or conventionally onto flat bed trailers. Once three modules have been collected the trailer uses a chain driven bed and tipping chassis to unload the modules. This method of unloading gives the operator full control over the modules as they are unloading, not only increasing safety, but they can unload the modules in groups of six which can then be collected by chain bed trucks.
The trailer has cab mounted controls using the tractor remotes to operate. This trailer has many advantages over the alternative retrievers mounted to the three point linkage of the tractor, firstly the tractor is always travelling forward reducing tractor wear and operator fatigue. Secondly it significantly cuts down the time the tractor spends in the paddock, because it’s collecting three modules every trip. Finally, the operators visibility is increased compared the conventional methods of retrieval, increasing safety for the operator and other vehicles in the paddock.
- Available in 3 or 4 Module capacity.
- Eliminates having to reverse into the paddock.
- Increases productivity of module retrieval as it collects three in one trip.
- Chain bed allows for full control over modules at all times when unloading.
- Modules are positioned “sausage” style for loading with chain bed trailers or conventionally onto flat bed trailers.
- Cab-mounted controls using the tractor remotes.
- Mounted to the tractor’s drawbar therefore reducing wear on tractor.
- Reduces driving time through the cotton stubble.
- Reduces the amount of times the modules have to be handled therefore improving their condition upon arrival at the gin.
- Extensively tested and proven to minimise module damage.